Subscribe to my full feed.

Thursday, August 16, 2007

Lingo: How Does it Compare

If you are an ex SunRocket customer, Lingo has an offer you may be interested in. They have a service plan that is comparable to that of SunRocket's, Unlimited US, Canada, and Puerto Rico calls for $195 a year. Not bad. Specifically for SunRocket customers, they are offering reimbursement of the shipping and activation charges after you stay as their customer for 90 days. Ok, so not the best, but not bad.

As you all know, I have not been 100% satisfied with ViaTalk, so I had to investigate. I called their tech support to see how quickly they answered, under 3 minutes. Wow what a difference. I spoke with "Andrew" (there was no way he was American, this was definitely overseas tech support), "Andrew" informed me that my SunRocket gizmo will not work on their network. Well thats not cool.

I have two phone numbers, unless I have a second account, the second one acts as a virtual phone number and can only be forwarded to my primary phone number. I guess I become spoiled with SunRocket, they let me have my second number forward to my cell phone without having a second account. Damn you SunRocket! I guess I will never find that option again.

My thoughts are this. Lingo is backed by Primus, a billion dollar telecommunications company, so they are legit. They have offshored support employees, no big deal as long as I can understand them and I wait no longer than 5 minutes. They cannot use my old gizmo, thats annoying for me, but may not be for the users that have bricks for gizmos. If you are one of the unfortunate exSunRocket customers that this has happened to, then maybe Lingo may be a good option for you.

Anyone who does sign up with Lingo, please add a comment to reflect upon your experiences with them.

I did see some mixed reviews for Lingo, so before you sign up, please do your homework.

Chris

No comments: