Subscribe to my full feed.

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

exSunRocket Customers May Claim Lost Funds

SunRocket has recently sent out a letter stating that SunRocket, Inc. has transferred ownership of all tangible and intangible assets to the board members for liquidation. Upon liquidation, the board members are to distribute funds to all creditors, in this batch of creditors is the exSunRocket customer that had time left on their subscription.

If you are one of the subscribers who still had time left on his/her subscription (which is most likely everyone, I had 8 months left), you have the right to claim yourself as a creditor.

You can view the Cover Letter and the Proof of Claim Form here.

I filled out the claim, added all of my supporting documents and wrote my Statement About the Debt.

For the supporting documents, I included the following:

  • My Plan information from SunRocket's account page. To get this, login to your SunRocket account, yes as of today it is still up. Click 'My Account', then click 'Plan Information'. Now when I printed mine, the text came out all garbled, most likely resulted from poor programming. So what I did was saved it as a pdf document, and then printed it and it looked fine. If you do not have the means to print to pdf, go download and install PDF Creator.
  • My Account Overview from SunRocket's account page. Can be printed from when you login to SunRocket, click 'My Account'. I had the same text problem here as well.
  • The email that I received from SunRocket regarding the discontinuation of services, which I made a pdf copy of for all of you here.
For my Statement About the Debt, I wrote the following:

Statement About the Debt

This is a claim for a debt from SunRocket, Inc. On December 06, 2006, I, Christopher M Mancini entered into an agreement with SunRocket, Inc, in which I paid SunRocket in advance for services to be rendered. In this agreement, SunRocket, Inc was to provide services for a total of 15 months, which would have ended on March 06, 2008.

Sometime around July 21, 2007, SunRocket announced that it was closing its doors. They discontinued accepting customer and technical support calls, as well as new subscribers. I received the attached message from SunRocket stating that all SunRocket services were to be discontinued no later than August 5th, 2007.

My claim is for $92.87. I am making this claim based off of the following calculation:

$92.87 = 7 months ( $199 / 15 months )

I took the total that I paid for services to be rendered and divided that by the total months in the agreement. Then I multiplied it by the total months remaining in the agreement using March 06, 2008 as the date in which my agreement was to end and August 5th, 2007 as the date in which my services were terminated.

Lets see if the "Assignee" will actually follow through and pay these debts.

Chris

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks a lot for going through this pain and making the information available for other.

CarolMcClainBassett said...

I am owed for 11 months from SunRocket. Then, the real horror story is that I signed up with a bogus company - TeleBlend, aka USA Telephone, dba Unified Communications. NEVER GOT THE FIRST MINUTE OF SERVICE from the day SunRocket died. But TeleBlend continues to charge my credit card every month. And the credit card company demands proof that I've canceled with TeleBlend. Get this: THERE IS NO WAY TO CONTACT TELEBLEND, either by phone (either no voice mail or NEVER a call-back) or via e-mail (circular system in place)! So I'm being charged by Discover for service I've never had. I even MOVED and still am being charged for TeleBlend! I called TeleBlend/Unified Communication's line carrier, a legit company named Global Services. When I talked to their executive research head, she was horrified and is immediately looking into cancelling all their lines for TeleBlend. Next, the FCC will get in the act. Have any of you dealt with TeleBlend/USA Telephone/Unified Communications?

Anonymous said...

Carol,
Yes, I had similar issue but I learned it immediately and found that these guys are cheating too. I tried to cancel the service via website, phone and email nothing worked. Finally one fine morning I was able to talk to the rep and got it fixed and refunded the amount charged. This was a nightmare already.
Nara