Subscribe to my full feed.

Sunday, July 22, 2007

Unlocking your Gizmo(Linksys SPA2102) to work with ViaTalk

As promised, here are the directions to unlocking your gizmo(Lynksys SPA-2102 VOIP Router) to work on ViaTalk's servers.

Step 1: Enable web access (perform functions on home phone)
1. dial ****
2. dial 723646#
3. dial 78778839# or 78676259# or 79309925#
4. dial 1#
5. dial 1 to save


Step 2: Remove access restrictions
1. Go to 192.168.0.1/admin/voice/advanced
2. Enter admin for user and 7UprUtew for password
3. Click on system. Delete the contents of Restricted Access Domain so that it is blank.
4. Hit Submit all changes.

Step 3: Load updated firmware
1. Go to http://itrealm.net/spa2102-5.1.9.zip (or from Linksys support) and download to desktop
2. Right click on zip file, extract here.
3. Double click on upg-spa2102-5-1-9.exe
4. Enter 192.168.0.1 for IP hit ok
5. Enter password 7UprUtew hit ok
6. Router stats are displayed, hit upgrade.
7. Hit ok to close utility.

Step 4: Configure Gizmo
1. Go to 192.168.0.1/admin/voice/advanced
2. Enter admin for user and 7UprUtew or qwe%zxc5 for password
3. Click on Line1.
4. Change proxy to the server name provided by viatalk.
5. Change outbound proxy to the server name provided by viatalk.
6. Change display name to whatever you wish.
7. Change password to the password that was provided by viatalk.
8. Set use auth id to no.
9. Set user id to your new viatalk phone number. Don't forget the '1' at the beginning.
10. Click submit all changes to save your settings.
11. Click on provisioning.
12. Delete the contents of both profile rule and upgrade rule so they are blank.
13. Click submit all changes to save your settings.
14. Click on Router.
15. Click on WAN Setup.
16. Change primary ntp server to north-america.pool.org(or pick a different time server from ntp.org)
17. Change secondary ntp server to pool.ntp.org (or pick a different time server from ntp.org)
18. Click submit all changes to save your settings.

All done. You should see your phone settings light up.

20 comments:

QRP ops said...

Unfortunately for anyone who did a factory reset this will NOT work since the IVR pwd (dial 78778839#) no longer works. Sadly, I now own a brinksys (linksys brick).

Unknown said...

This is what I get:

Tried to enable admin access:

Step 1. Dialed * * * *
Step 2. Entered 723646# when asked for option
Step 3. IVR DID NOT ASK FOR A PASSWORD
Step 4. Entered 1# when asked for value
Step 5. Entered 1 to save the config

Waited for couple of minutes. Then
tried to access the admin pages and got access forbidden message.

I could access the user web pages by typing 192.168.1.1 and interestingly under info tab value for Customization is shown as Pending

Any idea how to unlock?

Anonymous said...

how do I get to the administrative console? I tried typing in teh 192.168.1.1 in the web browser but get a "page cannot be displayed message" My current configuration is this: cable into the modem, cat 3 from cable modem to my D-Link router and then cat3 cable from router to Linksys gizmo. Am I supposed to run a cat 3 wire from my computer directly into the gizmo? What do I disconnect? I'm a newbie, so please help. Thanks.
-Nick

Chris said...

Ajay,
What you need to do is hook your PC into the LAN port on your Gizmo. Once it is connected, on your PC do the following.

(For Windows XP/2000)
Click Start.
Run.
Type cmd into the text field.
Click Ok.
In the black box, type ipconfig and hit enter.
You should see your ip address assigned by the gizmo and then the gateway address. Use this address to connect to the admin pages.

My gizmos internal lan address was 192.168.0.1 which I believe is common amongst the SPA-2102.

Hope this helps.

Chris said...

Dave,
Since you did a factory reset, have you tried accessing the routers admin pages without enabling them? Maybe default from Linksys the admin pages are enabled. If that is the case, maybe it will ask you for user / pass and it would be admin / admin.

Hopeful thinking I guess.

Anonymous said...

Help!
I can't update firmware

I have already done admin functions on router so I know i can get in

I have turned firewall off and left the section blank under system...

When I update firmware I get the confirm box with the new version

but then, it says waiting for firmware download from spa... a box is open but it doesnt seem to update

I am not using my router, just internet to spa to pc

my spa is 2102r...
does the r mean anything or limit my upgrading?

Chris said...

Ajay,
It is not critical that you update firmware. Try configuring your router for your new service to see if it works.

The advantage of the new firmware is potential better performance and more options to tweak the router.

One thing you can try doing, is instead of leaving restricted access domain blank, enter in the ip address that your computer has acquired from the gizmo. Then this way the only device that has access to the gizmo is your pc.

Chris

Anonymous said...

IVR pwd (dial 78778839#) no longer works since some time last week. Teleblend seems to have changed the passwords on 2102s.

Unknown said...

Chris,

My Lynksys SPA-2102 is new from sunrocket and before I could connect to sunrocket and get me registered, they closed their business. So my 2101 did not get a chance to register to sunrocket web site.

When I do IPCONFIG I get 192.168.1.1 as my gateway address. When I tried to access SPA web pages as user (do not require a password, just typing the ip address will give me access to the user pages), value for 'Customization' under info tab is Pending

This means that the SPA could never registerd to sunrocket.

Is there a way to unlock this 2102 which was never registered to sunrocket.

Anonymous said...

Neither 78778839# or 78676259# works for me. Can't unlock the device.
My Lan address is 192.168.0.1; user name: user
passowrd: 7UprUtew
Without unlocking, I can only see "Info" and "System" under my Voice tag.

Chris said...

Ok, if another possible password comes up, I will post it.

Chris

zany said...

Ajay,

I am in the exact situation as you (and landed up the same way as you - my router has never seen the internet :).

Did you thought about the possibility of wiring the router to the internet to see if it will pick up the settings?

Anonymous said...

Another password known to work on some of the Linksys 2102-R devices is 79309925. This now make three reported IVR passwords that I know of:

78778839
78676259
79309925

Anonymous said...

They don't work on my Linksys. But thank you anyway.

Anonymous said...

anyone figure a working password yet?

Anonymous said...

The slime balls at TeleBlend apparently locked all of the SPA2102-R VoIP adapters so you can't reset them to factory defaults and reuse them.

Is this illegal?

I paid for this adapter and now a new corporation has modified my device in my home?

This this akin to a virus disabling a device on my private network.

Is anyone suing TeleBlend for this illegal action?

Chris said...

Unfortunately, there will probably not be enough evidence or purpose to go after TeleBlend. But be certain that there will be a class action law suit against SunRocket and its executives. Who knows if we will see anything from the lawsuit, but some big shot corporate lawyer will.

Chris

Jeffrey said...

have sunrocket 2102-r...Any more unlock passwords out there? None on this page work...

Ashok Raj said...

Try the livecd from
http://gizmopasswords.blogspot.com/2007/08/instructions-for-livecd.html

it worked like a charm. The passwd here will only work if you download the right config. Basically connect the crossover cable to your computer directly, boot livecd and off you go.

Anonymous said...

I also signed up for SunRocket service and successfully used the service for approximately 2 weeks before they went out of business. I then switched to Packet 8 and got a new phone adaptor from them.

The phone adaptor I used for SunRocket (LinkSys SPA2102) is essentially brand new and I hate to just toss it.

Is it possible at all at this point to have it unlocked so it can be used with another VOIP company?