Subscribe to my full feed.

Saturday, July 28, 2007

Even our Gizmos Maker Gives us the Run-Around

A user of dslreports.com received this message from Linksys regarding the Gizmo SPA-2102.


Dear Valued Sipura Customer,

"Linksys' goal is to help SunRocket subscribers to continue to use their Linksys ATA (the SPA2102-R1 Analog Telephone Adapter) equipment. Linksys no longer owns the ATA equipment and we will comply with any appropriate, authorized requests to facilitate the transfer of SunRocket's service. We understand that there are negotiations currently taking place between SunRocket and other 3rd party service providers. However, until we receive the details of any agreements between those companies from an authorized source, in addition to any approvals or consents that may be required from any applicable third party with an interest in those transactions, we are not in a position to re-provision the ATA units."

Sincerely,

Gerald (Badge 18316)
Sipura Support


Honestly, at this point I think the only ones to be angry with is Sherwood Partners, LLC. I think what we should start doing is begin to spam them as they are with us. I still am receiving notices that my service is discontinued, and that they want me to sign up with Teleblend & Packet 8. Why, so that they can recoup their lost investment?

What about my money? What about our gizmos? As investors, they should know that you only invest the money you are willing to lose. When you purchase a service (for instance, a trusting consumer purchasing a years worth of VoiceOverIP Telephone service), you are not spending money you risk to lose, you are paying for a service for which you intend to consume. I have not fully consumed what I paid for, for that I am outraged.

But Sherwood on the other hand, is liquidating assets, is making deals with Packet 8 and Teleblend to recoup funds that they knew from the beginning they might not get back. So why should they get the right to shaft over 200,o00 people to get back this money.

My conclusion, is I am no longer going to focus my frustrations on Teleblend, the exSunRocket employees or executives, or even at Linksys. I am going to the source, I am going to Sherwood for answers. I think they should be held accountable for this disaster and how so many exSunRocket patrons are without phone service, without gizmos and without their money.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Three cheers for focusing on Linksys & Sipura...They are the key to unlocking our Gizmos. If all readers write letters, post comments and email these companies demanding they unlock the 2102's - that will happen!