Subscribe to my full feed.

Friday, July 27, 2007

Quality of ViaTalk

Ok, so I want to give ViaTalk the benefit of the doubt as being one of the more popular refugee sites for ex-SunRocket customers. But, i feel slightly dissatisfied with the quality of service that I am receiving. Not just quality of phone service, but also quality of customer service. It took them over 3 days to notify me that the paperwork I sent in to have my phone number ported was missing information. Then another 2 days to let me know that the paperwork I resent was correct.

i have had friends and family notify me that it has been dificult or impossible to leave a voicemail for me. As well as call quality has been extremely varied. One day the call quality was so bad, I had to hang up and call the person back using my cell phone. The next day calling the same person, it was crystal clear.

Don't get me wrong, I think ViaTalk can pull through. But it makes me nervous because the VOIP industry has had some rough patches lately. Not to mention one of the most common reasons businesses go under is their inability to handle growth. If ViaTalk is going to stay afloat, they need to get a handle on this large influx of business.

I will post an update regarding ViaTalk's quality of service.

Chris

No comments: