Subscribe to my full feed.

Saturday, July 21, 2007

Sunrocket Shuts Down

The second largest digital phone service provider, SunRocket Inc., has begun the process of closing its doors. Leaving over 200,000 subscribers without phone service. This action came without any warning to their subscribers.

If you attempt to call SunRocket, you will hear “We are no longer taking customer service or sales calls. Goodbye.”

SunRocket lured in many customers with their offer of digital phone service for a year for $199. As early as Monday the 16th, SunRocket customers began making complaints that they were receiving patchy service or no service at all.

As a subscriber to SunRocket myself, I was very disappointed to hear the news. I quickly researched what was happening. I found ViaTalk, they offered very similar service to SunRocket in comparison of price and features, plus they offered a contract buyout of my remaining SunRocket service. ViaTalk will offer me up to 6 months of their service in match with how many months of service I had remaining with SunRocket. What a deal, I say.

I signed up with them and reconfigured my SunRocket gizmo to work on their service. I just submitted the paperwork to port my SR number. I have already began using their service and I am pleased. I know I need to tweak my settings some because I have not been able to successfully send a fax transmission yet.

I will post in a later article on how to unlock your Linksys SPA-2102 (Gizmo) to work with ViaTalks service.

Doc

Personally, I was a subscriber and my phone service was up and running till I switched over to ViaTalk yesterday.

No comments: