Subscribe to my full feed.

Monday, November 19, 2007

HowTo: Use GTalk on Mac

So when I first bean to be a mac user I was upset that there was not a version of GTalk available on Mac OS X.  So I gave up on the issue for a while, just using gmail's web based chat until the other day.  I found out that you can use iChat to connect and chat with your GTalk account.


To do this:

1.  Open iChat.
2.  Choose iChat --> Preferences --> Accounts
3.  Choose + --> Google Talk Account under account type -->  Google Account name --> Password --> Done

All set.  Now this was done on Mac OS X Leopard, I believe you use a jabber account as the account type for older versions.

Chris

1 comment:

Daya said...

Hiya...
Thanks for the post! I kept trying Jabber and realised that I have a new Mac and clicked on gtalk account. I was wondering how to start an audio conversation? Because if the calling button isn't active when we press on someone's name in our online contacts, does that mean that their computer doesn't have a camera or microphone? I hope the query is clear. Can't wait for it to start working!
Cheers,
Daya