Subscribe to my full feed.

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

HowTo: Connect to a pptp vpn on Mac OS X Leopard

I recently setup a Windows based pptp vpn and had the necessity to connect to it from my PowerBook running Mac OS 10.5 aka Leopard. It is really quite simple.

1. From your dock click system preferences --> Network.
2. Click the little + sign in the lower left. Cick on interface and select vpn.
3. Select pptp in vpn type, give it a name and hit create.
4. Now select your new vpn connection on the left hand side.
5. Enter the server address and the username.
6. Click authentication and select password, then enter the password for the username you entered earlier and hit ok.
7. Hit apply, then connect and you are connected.

I hope this helps. For more info on setting up a pptp vpn, read my earlier post.

Chris

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chris, so this is exactly what I've done because I had to, and now I need to be able to access shared folders on that pptp server 2003 box using leopard.. How do I get access to those shares, and how do I easily mount those shares everytime I connect to vpn, thanks!

Training & Consulting Services said...

Thank you sooo much. This was so easy that I am a renewed Mac convert again!