Subscribe to my full feed.

Monday, September 17, 2007

Keychain "login" can not be found to store...

This problem may occur in Mac OS 10.4. It happened to me, it is caused by a corrupted or missing keychain called login.

The resolution for this issue was quite simple for me. I navigated to Applications --> Utilities --> Keychain. Once I was in Keychain Access, I clicked "Keychain Access" in the application menu at the top of the screen. Then scrolled down the menu till I came to "KeyChain First Aid". I ran this utility and it fixed my problem.

Chris

6 comments:

Mihnea said...

I must admit that I had never thought about that. I found your post by googling the error message (because apparently the Apple support website didn't point out this option).

Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for this - I've been plagued with this error message since I got my new MacBook for Christmas. So simple, I feel like an idiot!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Chris this was very helpful

Anonymous said...

Chris, I just want to add my thanks to everyone else's. I encountered this problem when I upgraded my G5 to Leopard. Your solution worked perfectly!

Anonymous said...

'I found your post by googling the error message'

Me too! And this fixed the problem for me, as well . .. thank you!

Chris said...

Glad I could help. :D

Chris