Subscribe to my full feed.

Saturday, August 02, 2008

HowTo: How to Get iLife Back After a Fresh Install of Mac OSX

A while back thru Apple Developer Connection, I received the new version of Mac OS X, Leopard. I was delighted to have the newest OS from Apple for my MacBook Pro. From natural choice I chose to install from a fresh hard drive, meaning that I erased the hard drive and installed a fresh copy of the OS.

Once I was in the OS I was excited to try all the new features, especially spaces, but I was disappointed to find that I no longer had Photobooth or iPhoto which is two applications I began to enjoy with my new mac laptop. I figured that they were lost to me, until recently when I chatted with a Genius at the Genius Bar of our local "Apple Heaven". This "Genius" informed me that I can take my original equipment cds that came with the laptop and install the software onto Leopard. I was originally unaware of this being a "PC Refugee", so I am so delighted to find out this information that I am sharing it with all of you.

  1. Load the install disk 1 into your mac
  2. navigate to the drive in finder
  3. open optional installs
  4. follow the prompter.
Congrats, you once again have iDVD, iPhoto, iWeb, Photobooth and more. Enjoy.

No comments: