Subscribe to my full feed.

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Top 10 Bad SEO Ideas

When I stumbled across the Complete List of SEO Tools, I also stumbled across this gem Top 10 Bad SEO Ideas.

Two of my favorites from the list of 10 are:

2. Stuff Keywords In Invisible Text: An accountant once asked that I take over her professional website and host it for her. She said she wanted to upgrade the website but she was not ready to yet. When transfered the files over and viewed the website to make sure it was working, it was covered with invisible text. The funny part was that the invisible text was only repetition of her company name... not even top keywords. It was really kind of funny and sad at the same time. I could not blame her though because she had no idea, I just wish I was able to meet the person that built her website for her...

8. Implement your site in Flash: This one is for all the flash gurus who build beautiful looking websites yet end users cannot find their sites to appreciate them...

Chris

No comments: