Subscribe to my full feed.

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Apple Macbook Power Supply

Ok, I am slightly embarrased to write this post seeing as I claim to be a computer technician, but I must. I recently had a problem attempting to charge my laptop with my power supply. The LED would no longer light up, my Macbook Pro would recognize the AC supply but would not charge.

So I went online and signed up on Apple's concierge to meet with a Apple Genius. He diagnosed it, verified that it was not working properly, and then notified me of my blunder...

The powersupply that I had brought in, which I thought was mine was a 60W AC Power Supply. A Macbook Pro uses an 85W. My wife and I bought our laptops at the same time, hers a Macbook, and at some point we swapped power supply's. My laptop burnt out her power supply.

Here is the problem, Apple should not have made the power supplies identical. They should have had some type of differentiation on them other than the fine print on the side that says 60W and 85W. Luckilly they replaced it under warranty, but man I feel embarrased.

Chris

No comments: